Monday, December 12, 2011

Trip to the Audium

Last weekend I went to see The Audium, a sound sculpture theater.  I wasn't sure what to expect at first, and what I experienced I couldn't have predicted.  The entire theater was filled with speakers, and the place had a definitive 1970s look to it.  Once the audio started, they sounded like they were form the 70s too.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was expecting.  It was a cool experience, but I think they could do a lot more with the performance as a whole.

The 70s feel is cool, but it makes the performance seem stagnant, like it's been played for 40 years.  Which it probably has.  I think with some new sound engineering and contemporary sound systems they could have many different pieces so it's not the same performance every time.  All in all, it was a good place to visit with friends and I enjoyed the experience, but it's not something I would see again.  Not with a $20 price tag at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment